WE ALL KNOW that CPS is corrupt as f_ck. We know what they do is illegal and immoral. THEY ALL KNOW this too. Alone, which is what you will be in your fight for your children, there is nothing you can do to change this WHILE YOU HAVE AN OPEN CASE AND WHILE THEY HAVE YOUR CHILDREN. The best thing to do is COOPERATE. After your case is closed, try to find an attorney to sue them or become an advocate.
- Social workers get a “high” from “saving” children. They are ADDICTED TO THIS FEELING and we all know what people do to get a fix.
- Child “protection” is an INDUSTRY and our children are the commodity. Social workers, doctors, lawyers, psychologists, nurses, behavioral science workers, counselors, drug programs, drug testing facilities, and more DEPEND on the taking of our children. Of course no one is going to help you.
- When parents argue with social workers, when they are shouting to everyone, “Hey this is wrong!”, they will keep you from communicating whatsoever with your children. You are being punished and the last thing they want is the CHILDREN to know that they are being treated wrong because they will become uncooperative and uncontrollable in foster care. All your shouting (figuratively speaking) only causes them a ton of grief. They want their cases to go smoothly. So help you case go smooth and they will be excited to return your children to you.
Everyone read that? HELP YOUR CASE GO SMOOTHLY FOR THEM AND THEY WILL BE EXCITED TO RETURN YOUR CHILDREN. Sometimes I feel I have done parents a disservice by providing all of this information and explain what they do is illegal because that is not actually helping any parent get their child back. For that, I am truly sorry.
This is the best advice I can give to help you get your child back. All these are IMPERATIVE AND ESSENTIAL TO GETTING YOUR CHILDREN BACK.
- Never raise your voice to a social worker. Look at her with pity and compassion, she is after all, an addict.
- Write down exactly, every detail, the wrongful conduct of the social workers, police officers, counselors, whoever is causing your case grief, as a Declaration in Response to the Detention Report, Petition, Jurisdictional Report, Progress Report, whatever document they serve you with and either mail it to the court clerk asking her to pass it along to the Judge and to place it in the court record OR submit your Declaration at the next hearing to the “court” and ask the “Judge” (or Circus Ringleader as I like to call them) to acknowledge it into the official court record. This will be your OBJECTIONS to get on record. When the “Judge” sides with social services and denies you ANYTHING you can appeal the decision and quite possibly be successful as long as you also object in court to anything that is said in court that was not said in whatever report your Declaration was in response to. A key note: EVERYTHING SAID IN THE SOCIAL WORKERS REPORT AND WHAT IS SAID IN COURT BECOMES A “FACT” OF YOUR CASE IF IT HAS NOT BEEN OBJECTED TO AT THE TIME. ONCE THE HEARING IS OVER, YOU CAN NO LONGER OBJECT TO THINGS IN THE PAST. This is a broad general rule that an attorney may be able to overcome with a Memorandum or some similar filing but without a private attorney to do this just keep what I said as the rule.
- Bullshit the social workers. You don’t have to admit to lies however, without actually lying yourself you can act like you have some kind of problem. I used to replace their lies and accusations in my head with my problem with THEM and agreed that my family needed all the help we could get. This would always move the social worker to write a report recommending the return of my children and closing the case. This happened several times but my husband’s ex-wife would become aware of the closing of the case via her children who lived with my husband and I (who were never included in our case, gee, I wonder why? We were good enough parents for them but not for MY children??). We participated in their programs and received excellent recommendations as good parents by counselors. We went out of our way to go the extra mile for whatever demands they placed upon us. You don’t have to do that because some people just don’t have the resources to do that. We were fortunate enough to have vehicles and a little bit of money for going out of our way to do whatever.
- If you have a problem with something, be nice. My mother always used to say, “Kill them with kindness.” I know this can be very difficult but imperative for your family. I think this is the hardest part of my advice. If the social worker fails to do something, speak to her supervisor and then their supervisor, all the way to the Director themselves. Usually, if you have been a nice little target, your request will be granted if you go about it this way.
- Talk to your lawyer as often as you can. Again, be nice. Be sympathetic to their overburdened caseload and offer to do any legwork or research for them. Prepare Declarations to every report and be sure to GET IT NOTARIZED and send it CERTIFIED MAIL to your attorney and another original to the court indicating your case number on it and ask the clerk in the cover letter to submit it to the “Judge” and into the record. After each hearing ASK YOUR ATTORNEY FOR A SIGNED COURT ORDER and the hearing minutes. ALWAYS GET THE COURT REPORTER’S CONTACT INFORMATION AND GET A TRANSCRIPT OF THE HEARING. What you are doing is getting their lies and perjury noted in the case file just in case they still have it out for you no matter what and/or for appeal and/or to sue them later.
- Use technology to audio and/or video record every interaction with the social worker, visits with your children (you will have to hide this because they will stop your visits if they find out). Before the next hearing, upload these files onto your computer and burn a CD. Get a adhesive-backed sleeve for this CD and attach it to an attachment page of your Declaration. Only include relative audio and video to support your objections in your Declaration. DO NOT UPLOAD ANY OF THESE FILES ONTO THE INTERNET, DO NOT MAKE THEM FACEBOOK POSTS OR YOUTUBE VIDEOS not yet anyway.
If I think of anything else I will edit this post. I cannot guarantee this advice to work but it worked for me. Basically it is fighting them but very quietly.