These are funny cartoons that include references to actual cases in Riverside County, CA.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DONNELLY!!! FROM YOUR REAL MOMMY AND DADDY!!!!
We are not REALLY OLD nor are we DEAD. This is what you believe. I wonder how you will feel when you find out that your adoptive parents have KNOWN FOR YEARS EXACTLY WHERE YOUR REAL MOMMY AND DADDY ARE but they simply lie to you either directly or by omission of the truth. They will tell you that they are “protecting” you but from WHAT EXACTLY?
They will try to tell you that we were drug addicts and criminals, this iS NOT true!!! We are for the most part RESPONSIBLE people. I say this because losing you has taken its toll on us emotionally and that also affects us physically. There is a lack of motivation sometimes when this loss overwhelms us, we do fight with each other a great deal, but not about you, you are the one thing we agree about. Donnelly, you unite your father and I because you were made with all the love in the world that two people could have for each other. We want you to know this on this special day, the day you were born.
I wish people weren’t so jealous and insecure with themselves so that they go out of their way to hurt other people. This is the main reason our family was ripped apart and why it continues to be ripped apart. People do not understand, they do not sympathize, they harshly judge, and hypocritically I might add! I want the BEST for you and I believe, as well as NORMAL person would, that the BEST thing you could have in your life are your REAL parents, even if only occasionally. I know my brothers went out of their way to ensure that we don’t get to see you any time soon and that they only strengthened the hatred your adoptive mother has for us but I have this hope, still, in my heart and soul that your adoptive parents will come around sooner than later but REALITY is that they are closed-minded and refuse to make their OWN ASSESSMENT. This is very sad for me to think about.
I hope you are having a birthday party, or already had one, like I would do for your birthday. I hope you went somewhere fun, like we would take you for your birthday. I hope you got presents and the one thing you wanted more than anything. Maybe someday that wish will be to meet your real parents.
We love you and miss you with all our hearts and souls. Happy Birthday baby boy! (I’m sobbing now.) xxooxoxoxoxoxoxox Love, Mommy and Daddy
I hope to keep this list ongoing. If anyone would like to contribute to this list, please comment.
Here are some things I learned about the way Child Protective Service Social Workers and the agency as a whole, operates:
1. Be aware that if any social worker calls you to tell you that they are closing their investigation and you need to bring the child(ren) down to their office to sign some papers THIS IS A TRICK! THEY INTEND TO KIDNAP YOUR CHILD. They do not need a “signature” to close out anything!
2. Often, social workers will try to bluff you claiming that your drug test results were positive just to get you to fess up on yourself. Do not fall for this trick.
3. Social workers are “collaborative partners” with ALL OF THEIR CONTRACTED SERVICE PROVIDERS. Never trust any employee or doctor that CPS has paid to provide you “services”. Those “confidentiality” laws mean nothing when it comes to providing CPS with any and all information about you. They only use these laws against you. You have a right to all the information in your file regardless of where it is.
4. NEVER ADMIT TO THINGS YOU DIDN’T DO. This is where I messed up. I was constantly pressured to “take responsibility for my actions” during our first case. I was threatened to have my children removed if I didn’t say that I had a drug problem. I wish I would have stood my ground and hired an expert witness to testify as to the legitimacy of those drug test documents.
5. Never give the Hearing Officer a dirty look.
6. Never ever believe a social worker. If they say that they are recommending that the case be closed, maybe the paperwork says that but that doesn’t mean that is what they are really telling the Hearing Officer to do. This is just so you don’t give them a hard time when dealing with you for another six months.
7. Always ask the Hearing Officer in court for a copy of the Minute Orders. That way you don’t have to pay for it at the clerk’s office or go through the hassle trying to get one. They can print it out right there in the courtroom and hand it to you. When you get home, make a copy and send it to your lawyer because they are never seem to have a copy of it.
8. If the Hearing Officer orders CPS to do something for you and they do not do it, warn the social worker and their supervisor that you know you can file a document for them to be found in contempt. Give them a deadline of not more than 5 business days to comply with the Minute Order and follow up with a confirmation letter. Send this letter to the social worker, adding a “cc” to their supervisor and the agency Director.
9. Child protection workers are like cops. You have the right to remain silent because if you share your strengths and weaknesses with them they will use it against you to kidnap your children. – Pure Mad Angel
10. After you are threatened with the possibility of never having your children returned and coerced into cooperating with CPS’s “services”, act like you are “benefitting” from them. Pour the sugar on thick and tell them how much you are learning and how grateful you are. Patronize them but don’t make it seem too fake. Be polite and nice to the worker and never argue or yell at them.
11. Prior to every hearing you will receive a copy of the social worker’s report which is submitted to the court. Be firm when it comes to their lies and manipulations. Make sure you write a rebuttal and file it with the court. Make sure that you use the words “I object to..” and “the social worker’s statement is false”. There are different rules in every state as well as the county regarding the deadline to file a response. If you fail to meet this deadline, your statement will not be a part of the official record. Check with the clerk and ask what the deadline for filing this rebuttal (written in the form of a Declaration) with the court and serving it upon all other parties. Do not count on your attorney to serve the other attorneys, have someone 18 years old or older mail it to CPS’s attorney, (County Counsel), the other parent’s attorney and the child(ren)’s attorney (Minors Counsel). You should find these names and addresses in the first few pages of the report that you are rebutting. In essence, failing to object to the lies makes them sort of true as far as the record goes therefore, any appeal based on perjury will be denied.
The following was inspired by a document available on another site, http://nfpcar.org/References/DOnDont.htm
12. Never invite a social worker or law enforcement into your home. This is if you do not have a current open CPS case. Unfortunately, if you refuse to let social workers in when they do their home visit it will have a very negative effect on your case and could result in the removal of your children. However, if the children are not currently placed in your home, they have no reason to be there unless it is to assess your home for the return of your children.
A resourceful and assertive donnellyjustice.me reader who goes by the handle, Mad Angel, recently had an opportunity to ask a former CPS caseworker some questions. Mad Angel asked members of Facebook to let her know if there were any questions that they wanted answers for. Here are the questions and answers that this brave individual gave HOWEVER, her answers give a clue as to how oblivious the workers really are to what is really going on. These answers are based on WHAT THE WORKER EXPERIENCED, WHAT THEY LEARNED IN “TRAINING” AND WERE LITERALLY TOLD TO BELIEVE AND TO THINK.
[Copied from Facebook with my own remarks which are between the two lines]
Here are the responses from the caseworker as promised.
1. I understand caseworkers get paid a salary, they get benefit packages…..So when a cps worker has done what they call an excellent job and removing more kids to safety or having more kids adopted out , than do they individually receive actual adjusted bonuses for what they call outstanding work?
ANSWER: Contrary to popular belief, there are no direct bonuses. However, the agency/state does not receive as much federal money for kids not in care and there are adoption federal funds received by the state agency.
*****NOTE: My husband used to be a drinking buddy of a now retired CPS Supervisor and she received “Christmas” bonuses and the amount was unofficially based on the number of children her department “saved”. **************************
2. Who really makes the decision to remove the child, the CPS worker or their supervisor/manager?
ANSWER: Ultimately, the decision belongs to the Supervisor, however, I have seen Supervisors bend over backwards to “help” the caseworker come to the conclusion that removal is necessary….or, at least, “in the child’s best interest.” Remember, we are taught to “err on the side of the child.”
3. Why does cps use past allegation from closed cases as removal purposes?
Usually only past “substantiated” referrals are given much weight. They can indicate whether a living situation is chronic as opposed to perhaps a one-time occurrence.
4. Why do they refuse to offer any real services to keep the family together in minor neglect cases? Is there no benefits or extra incentives to help in force the caseworkers want to keep the family unit together?
ANSWER: The agency is limited to the services available within a given community (i.e. lowest bidder, and you get what you pay for, but quality of services was never at the top of my list of concerns). INCENTIVES TO KEEP FAMILIES TOGETHER is at the very crux of the CPS issue. This was the entire point of the new policy that was implemented, but not followed, which prompted me to speak out against the agency “not following its own rules,” and for which I was eventually fired.
*****NOTE: Same goes for everyone involved in the “court” facade. They use the rules against the parents but can break them all if they want to. Why BECAUSE THE JUDGE LETS THEM!!! THEY ARE NEVER HELD ACCOUNTABLE!!***********
5. Why would they only take 1 child from the home & leave older & younger full siblings with accused neglectful parent?
ANSWER: Each child’s vulnerability is assessed individually. It is extremely unusual to leave a younger (i.e. more vulnerable) child in a home from which older children were removed. Older children are frequently left because they are capable of self-defense (or so the reasoning goes).
**NOTE: I have never heard of any cases where one child was removed yet allowed the others to stay unless the others were not at home or school at the time of the initial removal but eventually CPS takes all full blood related children (i.e. no half-siblings) Half-siblings are often not included in the removal or the case but this, in my case, was due to the fact that it was the vindictive mother of the half sibling who made the “anonymous” call and because the half-sibling’s grandmother was a 35 year CPS veteran employee. *******************************************************
6. Does he state also receive extra funding for children with disabilities?
7. We know abusive people can be very deceitful, yet there seems to be a growing trend of the abusive parent getting custody of the children in many cases (and what has caused a lot of the incidents of death/murder in many cases) doesn’t cps have training into noticing the trends of an abusive parent?
ANSWER: In short, yes. But the training is mostly concerned with protecting the agency from bad press. What I witnessed most frequently was removal of the child(ren) from one parent due to substantiated abuse and placement with the other parent for the simple reason that we have no allegations of abuse against them because we don’t know them.
***NOTE: Well, how about at least looking into why the Family Law Judge (whose decisions are considered to be fair and reasonable by everyone else but CPS apparently) made the decision to grant physical custody to the decent parent they are taking the child away from???!! At least they could find out that much!!! MESSAGE TO CPS WORKERS AND YOU COURT COHORTS THAT ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN: Family Law Judges know what they are doing (at least half the time) and have a GOOD REASON to order one parent have only supervised visits, why not just go with those orders until you can bring the case to court?
8. I realize that a timid parent who doesn’t aggressively stop another abusive parent is in essence just as guilty as the abusive parent, yet why is it that cps standards seem to be shifting to allow the abusive parent custody first and foremost.
ANSWER: Please see the above answer and, remember, CPS is not a “custody” agency. This is a difficult concept because, while CPS can remove children and place children either in foster care or with the “non-offending” parent, CPS does not establish custody. That is done by a judge in the Domestic Relations Court. Interestingly, because there is no legal custody for most children, either parent has the same rights to the child and therefore CPS cannot keep the child from the parent on whom we have no indication of abuse because we don’t know them.
9. Why wouldn’t services be offered to keep emotionally disabled child with her family? Why send her back home only when she began having uncontrollable seizures? Liability???
ANSWER: Yeah, CPS definitely sometimes “cuts their losses.” Like for a habitual “runner” or dangerous child. Usually these cases involve out-of-control teenagers.
10. Do you know anything about the bribes offered to the judges and jurors? If so, have you ever actually witnessed such acts?
I honestly have no knowledge of a judge receiving a bribe and I’ve never worked on a case with a jury.
**NOTE: In Riverside County, CA the County places an advertisement looking for a “Judge” to fill the seat in Juvenile Court Dependency Court. This court is exclusive to CPS, everyone is paid out of the same funding that CPS workers are paid, meanwhile still receiving their regular seat pay as they have only taken an administrative leave or something. They are already being “bribed” just by accepting their paychecks from the same county who is against the people whose children are being removed or the “defendants.. How do they get away with such a conflict of interest??*****************
11. It seems like the whole court and all the membiers inside during a child welfare case are all old buddies, is it true that sometimes before a hearing the lawyers may negotiate on whether or not to win or lose the case for each other. (I’ve overheard this one, “come on last time you were ruthless and I know that guy was guilty you have to let me win this one I haven’t gotten a winning case this week”
ANSWER: I think it is a bit of an “old-boys-network” (although it is mostly women). That said, I honestly think that most caseworkers, lawyers, judges…honestly believe they are doing what is in the best interest of the children. They are simply not terribly well-read when it comes to family-dynamics and child-development. The biggest problems with CPS are ignorance and megalomania.
12. Can you please explain how the agency benefits from the title IV funding?
ANSWER: If a child is IV-E eligible (which, for our purposes here, essentially means the child would qualify for TANF…i.e.poor families), the state gets federal funding for the child. This represents the VAST MAJORITY of CPS children.
13. We see over and over in the news how cps had plenty of opportunity to remove a child, yet they don’t. Most of the time the public only gets to see the cases that go completely wrong ie child dies. Why is a child left in an abusive situation during an active investigation?
ANSWER: It’s all about timing or disclosure. Either a child must disclose that they are being abused or CPS must catch the parents in the immediate aftermath of abuse or during neglect.
14. How do you find the “prisons” set up by CPS that imprison children? Children that most likely were taken from NON-abusive homes and families.
ANSWER: Honestly, foster homes are thoroughly vetted and I consider most of them saints. They are put under more scrutiny than even families being investigated. That said, if you are a bad person, the tightest scrutiny can be circumvented for long periods of time with lies and deception.
15. Why are some children put in Foster care, and the immediate family members are not contacted?
ANSWER: CPS is required by federal law to “diligently search” for family with whom the child can be placed. Of course, laws only work if they are enforced and this is among the top-5 problems with “the system:” no enforcement.
16. What process do they use to find family members of the child?
ANSWER: There is a systematic protocol, but, essentially, either the parent or child must provide contact information for expedient location of suitable relatives.
17. Did you ever have civil rights training?
ANSWER: Civil rights training is often received, but rarely enforced. My biggest concern was always constitutional rights (see 4th, 6th and 14th amendments) which are never taught or enforced.
18. What were the motivations of the job?
ANSWER: I can really only speak for myself, but my motivations were simple, help children while maintaining the sanctity of family. Considered more valued than these within the agency are agency-protection, enforcement and megalomania, which is why I’m unemployed.
19. What kind of mandatory training did you have?
ANSWER: TONS!!! of mandatory training, little of which translated to practice for anyone else.
20. What can parents do to keep caseworkers honest?
ANSWER: Nothing, but being obsequious and obedient is what I have seen help families even with corrupt and/or monomaniacal workers.
21. Did you ever know of a whistle-blower? What happened?
ANSWER: I was a whistle-blower. We get targeted and are eventually fired and no one cares. The bureaucratic behemoth lives on to devour more families and children.
22. What corruption have you seen yourself, and are you willing to present this information to the public?
ANSWER: One of my favorite examples of corruption was when I worked in the freeing-children-for-adoption unit where we read “home studies” on prospective adoptive families and one of my co-workers said she immediately checks to see if a family is religious and if they are she won’t even consider them as a potential placement. A clear violation of civil rights. Unfortunately most corruption in CPS is much more subtle and can be effectively couched in “best interest of child” and “err on side of child” language. It’s all gray area therefore there is no wrong way of doing things. This is why, I am convinced CPS will never experience wholesale improvement. Society NEEDS a perceived protector for its most vulnerable and a visible scapegoat when things go horribly wrong.
I HAVE already gone public with all of this. I got fired. No one cares.
23. We’re you ever trained to do the wrong thing?
ANSWER: I think I made it abundantly clear to my superiors from “go” that I would not be a blindly obedient Nazi. I was eventually fired precisely because I would not do the wrong thing.
24. When they figure out that they made the wrong decision. Like placing the children with the abusive parent, why don’t they fix it?
ANSWER: The next time I witness the agency admitting a mistake it will be the first time.
We have said before, this can happen to ANYONE. Want to know why? Because the Supreme Courts do not recognize YOUR right to be a parent or your CHILD’S right to be raised by you. The Supreme Court’s opinion includes the notion that losing your child in no way compares to losing your freedom of movement (being in jail). This sets the standard for all lower courts.
Well, maybe for a person who does not give a hoot about their child it would be no comparison but I will tell you what, for the rest of us, who adore their children, losing the right to even SEE your child is like a DEATH SENTENCE!
According to the Supreme Court, a parent or child’s right to counsel is not guaranteed by the 6th Amendment in the Constitution because it is not a “criminal” case. So giving this theory a fair shot, in all criminal cases, even for misdemeanors where the maximum sentence is a mere 6 months in jail or even a fine, a person has a right to counsel. I don’t think a few months in jail or merely a fine compares to losing your child forever do you? But in misdemeanor cases you have a right to counsel but in dependency proceedings you do not have a constitutional right to counsel and neither does your child. They attempt to “explain” it saying that the dependency and termination of parental rights process is to “protect” children but that is just the cover for what is really going on..
“ONLY MARGINAL OR QUESTIONABLE BENEFIT TO THE PARENT”???
“THE GOD-GIVEN-RIGHT OF PARENTS TO THE CARE CUSTODY AND COMPANIONSHIP OF THEIR CHILDREN….IS NOT ABSOLUTE BUT IS SUBJECT TO THE OVERRIDING PRINCIPLE THAT IS THE ULTIMATE WELFARE OR BEST INTEREST OF THE CHILD WHICH MUST PREVAIL”
MAYBE, ONLY MAYBE, in cases where a child has been tortured by their parent should this apply.
THIS IS WHY AND HOW IT CAN HAPPEN TO ANYONE! EVEN YOU! Do NOT say that you don’t have anything to worry about because someone can call the hotline at ANY GIVEN MOMENT and say anything they want about you and not have to prove it at all. GOD WILL NOT PROTECT YOU either. If He wants you to SUFFER HE will MAKE you suffer and all the praying in the world will NOT help you. YOU ARE VULNERABLE EVERY SINGLE SECOND, OF EVERY SINGLE DAY UNTIL YOUR CHILD TURNS 18.
And then all you have to worry about is APS-Adult Protective Services where they do the SAME THING to people only they do it to the children when they are caring for their parents.
TO ENLARGE IMAGE RIGHT CLICK AND OPEN IN NEW TAB
So many people have the same response, “Nooo, they wouldn’t do THAT, in today’s day and age people just don’t do that!” Yet, these same people believe that there are 250,000 children being “abused and neglected” each year just in California. That’s 25 Million per decade. “Abused” children tend to abuse their children when they become adults, according to the child welfare industry, so the likelyhood that it would become a cycle is at least 75%. Now if one was easily convinced that this was fact, that ALL OF THESE CHILDREN WERE TRULY ABUSED BY THEIR PARENTS IN THEIR OWN HOME, what in the world prohibits their ability to believe that THE GOVERNMENT IS ABUSING CHILDREN AND DESTROYING FAMILIES FOR FEDERAL FUNDING??? The government is run by PEOPLE. People just like the parents they are taking children from. DO THESE PEOPLE believe that the PEOPLE in government do things RIGHT and can do a better job raising children than the parents? Pretty soon no one is going to be raised by their biological parents, children are just shuffled around into homes that could be far more dangerous than the one they were taken out of. Everyone who has anything to do with it from case workers to psychiatrists and drug counselors to court personnel, these “stakeholders” rely on the removal of children for their paycheck.These people don’t realize how much money is involved here. California alone got 25 BILLION last year. 25 BILLION DOLLARS TO REMOVE CHILDREN, PUT THEM IN FOSTER CARE FOR 12-18 MONTHS WHILE THEY PAID FOR “PROGRAMS AND SERVICES” (HOOPS THE PARENTS HAVE TO JUMP THROUGH). So, DPSS receives and they give out to all of those stakeholders and when they quickly terminate parental rights and push through an illegal adoption they get “incentives” which are bonuses. A portion of that bonus goes directly to the social worker and their supervisor in the form of a “Christmas Bonus” if their points are not taken away by the end of the year. Yes, they work on gold stars and points.That is why Antoine Coley and Amanda Spratley JUMPED UP FOR JOY, HUGGING AND CONGRATULATING EACH OTHER, SMILING AND DOING A HAPPY DANCE WHEN OUR RIGHTS WERE TERMINATED, WHILE THE REST OF US CRIED AND ANOTHER PERSON TRIED NOT TO SMILE BUT DID A HAPPY DANCE LATER ON. So, these people who supposedly ‘CARE’ so much about children had absolutely no feelings of sadness for the parents and siblings who lost their little boy. Heartless. And these are the people who are believed? Really?
Can I be any clearer? I just want to post something that these people will read and say,
“OH MY GOD!!! WHAT IS GOING ON???? WHY DIDN’T I SEE THIS BEFORE?”
From the time my husband and I wake up to the time we go to bed, we are constantly thinking of ways to explain, prove, and deliver this message. There have even been times when we are lying in bed, lights out, and we will start talking about it and come up with an idea that just can’t wait so we sit up, grab our laptops and start typing! We are dedicated to this fight, what else can we do? Without our son we feel so empty, my pregnancy and childbirth all for nothing, or for OTHER PEOPLE TO SELFISHLY ENJOY. Yes, I said selfish because not letting him see us is exactly that and I can’t wait to tell him how he was not allowed to see his Mommy and Daddy because of a pointless restraining order. Yes, I said pointless because a piece of paper is not what is stopping us from knocking on the door. It is decency and respect and not wanting to upset anyone.